1. Many thanks tothrihyrne for drinking the dregs of this journal and finding/posting a snippet I wrote about the writing process.
2. Thank you Edda for whining when I placed you in that derelict farm house. You said this: It’s like there’s a deficit in spiritual currency – they’ve put us on a budget haven’t they?” he asked, gripping the rusted key and imagining the things he would have to do without or make for himself: iron-gall ink, foolscap paper, fragrant oils, dai ginjo sake. - and the two of us won Most Intriguing Sentence of the Week atgetyourwordsout . Now, shut the hell up, Edda, and get on with the plot (no more kissing in the front lawn, though the honeysuckle nectar was a nice touch, go back inside, clean the place up, and be productive).
3. And for all you Schwarz fans, this art bystonecarnival is better than brilliant.
4. And sorry, Schuldig, telepathy isn't as rare a talent as you might think, according to this article in Wired. Though I am doubly freaked out by the "monkeys responding to telepathic limb control."
5. The jasmine is in crazy full bloom on the writing porch. Hold on. I'll go take a photo. (I think I startled Habibe.) It smells like Olin's skin which means it's been a great week to write about poisons.